Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Where Did That World Go?

So Meff remembers Freakies. And so do I. Does anyone remember "Grins & Smiles & Giggles & Laughs?" There's a commercial for it near the end of this clip.



The question is, with a product name like that, was it possible to only sell it in jumbo-size boxes? Oh, and why the hell is the Hamburglar playing a trumpet?

Another favorite cereal of mine "Quisp." That was around longer. I think it was 125% sugar. Needless to say, as a diabetic, those days are well behind me, which makes me even more nostalgic...

2 comments:

Jeffrey said...

The title of your post is very appropriate and I don't exactly have an answer but I do have an observation.

Something, somewhere, went horribly wrong. Hideously awry. Miserably amiss.

"Where did THAT world go?" you ask. I was there too. I remember that world. It doesn't look anything like this one. Get the Tardis and let's pinpoint the wrinkle in time that turned this nation into a giant used car lot.

Is it our generations fault, the one before it, or our parents? Combo of the three, probably.

TWORIVERSWALRUS said...

Another ceral I don't recognize. You two nostalgia freaks must be old!

By the way, they stillmake Quisp.